LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- It's easy for the kids to get bored during the summer months; Cynthia Malik knows that best!
She a mom and also works in the Culinary School at Pulaski Tech.
She whipped up some easy desserts to make with the kids!
Vanilla Cake Pops
Makes about 4 dozen
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons milk
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and add vanilla.
3. Alternately blend in flour mixture and milk into butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
4. Fill each cooking reservoir with about 1 tablespoon of batter.
5. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cake pop comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool and glaze or coat, as desired.
White Chocolate Glaze
Makes about 1 cup
6 ounces white chocolate (chips, shaved, chunks, pastilles)
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
3 Tablespoons butter, softened and cut into thirds
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine chocolate and cream, microwave on half power for 30 seconds, stir and microwave on half power for another 30 seconds. Stir. Add the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Microwave on half power in thirty second intervals, stirring in between, until butter and chocolate are melted.
2. Blend in sugar and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
3. Dip cake pops in warm glaze. Heat glaze in microwave on half power for thirty seconds as needed to keep glaze consistency.