LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Our favorite go-to mom on "THV 11 This Morning" Deanna Fleming from Catering Creations is back with easy recipes for families.
Here is her recipe for a Cobb Salad.
4 servings, serving size, about 3 cups
For the Dressing:
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 small clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
• Cooking spray
• 1/4 pound sliced smoked ham cooking spray and preheat over a medium-high heat. Add the ham to the skillet and cook over stirring frequently, until the ham is warmed
• 2 hard-boiled eggs
• 6 cups romaine lettuce (about 6 ounces) coarsely chopped
• 2 cups Spring Mix
• 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
• 1/2 avocado, diced (about 3/4 cup)
• 1 cup cooked diced chicken breast 1 (6-ounce) breast or left over fried Chicken Sliced Thin
• 1/2 cup crumbled Blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Slice the ham into 1/2-inch strips. Spray a nonstick skillet with through and crisped, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Chop the egg and set aside.
In a large bowl toss the romaine and spring mix with 2/3 of the dressing. Put the dressed greens onto a large serving dish. Place the tomatoes on top forming a row down the middle. In strips on either side of the tomatoes place the avocado, chicken, cheese, diced egg, and the crisped ham on top of the greens. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.