SALINE COUNTY, Ark. (KTHV) - As we get closer to Christmas-time, the burden of holiday expenses is weighing heavily on some families.
The Salvation Army opened their Christmas assistance application for Angel Tree Tuesday for residents in Saline County. The program will open in Lonoke, Pulaski and White counties next week.
Applications will be accepted on a walk-in basis Oct. 1 through 4 from 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at 129 N. Main Street in Benton.
For Lonoke, Pulaski, and White Counties, applications will be accepted Oct. 8 through 11 and Oct. 14 through 17 from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1p.m. to 4 p.m. at 1505 W. 18th Street in North Little Rock.
In order to apply the head of the household must bring in the following documents:
• Picture ID for the head of household
• Birth certificates for all children 12 and under
• Social Security Cards, ID cards, custody papers, and/or other legal documents establishing custody of children.
• Proof of income or proof of NO income (Pay stub, DHS letter, Unemployment documentation)
• Verification of SSI/SSA/SSD, Food Stamps, Child Support
• Proof of residency (Utility bill, rent/lease receipts)
• Proof of expenses (Household, vehicles, medical, insurance, etc.)
If you have signed up for Christmas assistance with another agency, you cannot sign up at The Salvation Army.
For more information on the Angel Tree program, visit the Salvation Army website: http://on.kthv.com/1dUPPmo