LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Christmas is coming early this year with the arrival of the 37th Annual CARTI Auxiliary Festival of Trees. It returns Nov. 6 - 9 at the Statehouse Convention Center Ballroom in downtown Little Rock.
All of the old Festival of Trees traditions are returning this year along with all of the fun and excitement that has made it one of the premier holiday events in Arkansas, including:
- The glamour and glitz of a New York-style runway show featuring the fashions of some of Central Arkansas' hottest boutiques at Festival of Fashion;
- The highly anticipated return of Dr. Zarr's Amazing Funk Monster Band to Festival After Dark;
- Some of the most popular restaurants in Central Arkansas offering samples of their signature dishes as part of "A Taste of Arkansas," also at Festival After Dark; and
- The return of Arkansas' own nationally known children's music recording artist Brian Kinder to Breakfast with Santa.
Festival of Fashion makes a move from afternoon to evening to kick-off the four-day slate of events, which includes Festival favorites such as:
(One event - our Sugar Plum Ball daddy-daughter date night event - has already sold out!)
- Festival After Dark, an informal holiday mixer for the hip and happening holiday crowd;
- Breakfast with Santa, a merry meal for the whole family with the Big Guy;
- Tux 'n Trees, the gala cornerstone event that started it all; and, of course,
- The traditional Stroll Through the Forest.