• FEATURED:
    LIVE VIDEO: THV 11 at Noon    Watch
     

    Smoke in classroom sparks concern at school

    4:09 PM, Oct 9, 2013   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +

    DOVER, Ark. (KTHV) - Malfunctions with an air conditioning fan motor at the Dover School District sparked concern Wednesday as students were leaving for home.

    Assistant superintendent Marsha Laffoon said smoke was reported in one of the class rooms, and staff and students were evacuated from the building as a precaution.

    Tristan Teague with the Dover Fire Department added that while smoke was seen in the building, there was not an actual fire. When the fan motor started smoking, an off-duty Russellville firefighter who was at the school used a fire extinguisher to calm it. Once Dover Fire arrived on scene, they checked everything with a thermal imager just to be safe and found nothing, he said.

    Laffon said students with parents on campus were immediately released, but bus students had to wait before going home since the fire trucks were in their lane.

    No damage or injuries were reported.

    Most Watched Videos