LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- A juicy steak sizzling on the grill can make any day better.
Our grill master, Anthony Michael of Cross Eyed Pig joins us with a refresher on grilling steaks.
Want to pan-fry a steak? Here's how Anthony does it. This works with any New York strip, ribeye, filet, or T-bone steak of 1 1/2 inch thickness or less.
- Rub in Kroger steak seasoning (or Dale's seasoning. It's the same thing but $1 less)
- Next rub in coarse grain black pepper, Cavender's seasoning and oregano.
- Let sit for at least an hour at room temperature.
- Cook in cast iron skillet for best results.
- Use a 50/50 mixture of 2 tablespoons olive oil to 2 tablespoons butter. This gives you butter flavor without the butter burning as much.
- Cook at medium heat, flipping steaks every two minutes until desired doneness.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes and serve.