CADC now accepting energy assistance applications

    7:23 AM, Sep 27, 2010   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +


    The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released the funds Monday in addition to the $4.5 billion block grant funding and the $490 million in emergency funds received by states earlier this year. 

    Central Arkansas Development Council is accepting applications for the Crisis Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program or LIHEAP. This program assists households with home energy bills.

    The eligible household must meet income guidelines and furnish proof of all household income for the month prior the month of application. Shut off notices will be accepted for Crisis Home Energy Assistance only.

    To qualify for Crisis LIHEAP, persons must have a disconnect notice with a disconnect date within 7 days of application date.
    All households receiving food stamps are potentially eligible to receive this assistance; however, the program is not limited to food stamp recipients.

    Applications are accepted Monday through Wednesday from 8 a.m. to Noon in Calhoun, Clark, Columbia, Dallas, Hot Spring, Lonoke, Ouachita, Saline and Union counties.

    In Calhoun County, contact the CADC Hampton Office at 210 S. Lee St. or at 870-798-2457. In Clark County, contact the Arkadelphia Housing Authority at 670 S. Sixth Street or at 501-332-5426.

    In Columbia County, contact the CADC Magnolia Office at 1503 N. Vine St. or at 870-234-6444. In Dallas County, contact the CADC Fordyce Office at 410 E. 4th St. or 870-352-8894. In Hot Spring County, contact the Malvern Workforce Center at 1735 E. Sullenberger or at 501-332-5426.

    In Lonoke County, contact the CADC Lonoke Office at 117 S. E. Front St. or at 501-676-0019. In Ouachita County, contact the CADC Camden Office at 313 Jefferson St. SW or at 870-836-3200. In Saline County, contact the Benton Workforce Center at 400 Edison or at 501-315-7702. In Union County, contact the CADC El Dorado Office at 1426 NW Ave. or at 870-864-0067.

    In Pike County, applications are accepted on Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to Noon. Contact the CADC Glenwood Senior Activity Center at 229 Betty St or at 870-356-4212 and on Mondays from 8 a.m. to Noon at the Murfreesboro Senior Activity Center at 120 Court or at 870-285-2312.

    Applications are accepted from 8 a.m. to Noon on Wednesdays in Montgomery County. Contact the CADC Mt. Ida SCAT at 112 Hwy 270 W, Suite 10 or at 870-867-0151.

    Applications in Pulaski County are taken by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, contact the CADC Little Rock Office at 501-603-0909 Thursday or Friday for an appointment the following week.

    Locations for Pulaski County are: Department of Human Services at 1101 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr. in Little Rock; the Little Rock Workforce Center at 5401 S. University; Jacksonville Workforce Center at #2 Crestview; Department of Human Services at 1900 E. Washington Ave. in North Little Rock; and the North Little Rock Workforce Center at 3901 McCain Park Rd., Suite 102.

    To apply for assistance, the household should bring a copy of the current utility bill, social security numbers, and proof-of- income and date of birth for all household members.

    Clients must have a working knowledge of household resources. Additional information may be required during the interview process. Failure to provide verification requested may result in delay or denial of assistance. Allow agency 35 days to make payment. For more information, call your local CADC office.


    Most Watched Videos