LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Want a fresh salad? Here's a delicious recipe!
Dean Marks, manager of Cantina Laredo shows Ashley, Alyse and Tom how to make a mango mint chicken salad.
Mango mint chicken salad
3 ounces Mesclun salad mix
4 ounces Chicken mole 1/4'' by 1'', 40 degrees
4 leaves 1/8'' finely chopped mint leaves
16 each 1/8'' by 1 1/2'' Jicama sticks
2 ounces Honey vinagrette
1/2 ounce spicy pumpkin seeds
2 tbps queso fresco cheese
4 1'' mango wedges
8 red seedless grapes cut in half
1. Using the heel of your hand shred the chicken in the portion bag. Shred the chicken well.
2. Finely chop the fresh mint and mix well with the chilled and shredded Chicken Mole.
NOTE: Mint must be cut to order. DO NOT PRE-CUT MINT AND STORE WITH THE CHICKEN.
3.Measure and add Mesclun Salad Mix, chicken with mint, Jicama Sticks, and Honey Vinaigrette into a mixing bowl. Toss gently to coat all ingredients.
NOTE: Toss salad gently to prevent bruising the salad leaves.
4. Place the salad mix into a salad bowl. Arrange the salad high in the center of the bowl.
5. Evenly sprinkle pumpkin seeds and Queso Fresco cheese on top of the salad.
6. Place mango wedges on top of the salad as shown in the photo.
7. Place grapes on the top of the salad as shown in the photo.
8. Serve immediately.