CONWAY, Ark. (AETN) - The Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) will broadcast Gov. Mike Beebe's State of the State address on AETN-1 Tuesday, Jan. 15, at approximately 10:30 a.m.
"For many years AETN has worked to make the Governor's State of the State address available live to all Arkansans, and we are proud to do so once again," AETN Executive Director Allen Weatherly said. "In addition, we will provide a copy of the speech to CSPAN for national coverage.
"We believe this is part of our ongoing commitment to quality of life in our state through our commitment to education."
During the course of the 2013 legislative session, AETN will also broadcast the Arkansas House of Representatives session live on AETN Plus (AETN-3) beginning Monday, Jan. 14. The general session will begin at approximately 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday until mid-April, although the actual times and duration of the session will be determined by the speaker of the house.
AETN Plus can be found on the following channels over the air:
- Little Rock - KETS 2-3.
- Mountain View - KEMV 6-3.
- Arkadelphia - KETG 9-3.
- El Dorado - KETZ 12-3.
- Fayetteville - KAFT 13-3.
- Jonesboro - KTEJ 19-3.
Cable companies currently carrying AETN-3 and corresponding channel numbers include:
- Arkwest Communications - Danville and Yell County - channel 15.
- Cam-Tel Cable- Camden - channel 252.
- Comcast - Little Rock, North Little Rock, Jacksonville, Sherwood, Bryant - channel 203.
- Conway Corp - Conway - channel 175.
- Cox Communications - System-wide, except Midland - channel 701.
- East Arkansas Video - Brinkley, Forrest City, Marianna, Wynne - channel 251.
- Hope Community TV & Prescott Video - Hope, Prescott - channel 251.
- Pine Bluff Cable TV - Pine Bluff - channel 251.
- Resort TV Cable - Hot Springs - channel 251.
- Suddenlink Communications - Arkadelphia, Batesville, Clarksville, El Dorado, Fairfield Bay, Heber Springs, Jonesboro, Mountain Home, Newport, Pocahontas, and surrounding areas - channel 702. Suddenlink Communications does not currently carry AETN Plus in Helena, Hot Springs Village, Magnolia or Russellville.
- White County Video - Bald Knob, Judsonia, Kensett, Searcy - channel 251.
- NewWave Communication - Kennett, Mo. - channel 318.
Because other companies may not carry AETN's additional digital channels, viewers are encouraged to contact their cable providers to request AETN Plus (AETN-3). At this time, Dish Network, DirecTV and AT&T U-verse do not carry AETN-3.
Additional information or cable system contacts may be obtained by calling AETN at 800-662-2386.
The Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) is Arkansas's statewide public television network that enhances lives by providing lifelong learning opportunities for people from all walks of life. AETN delivers local, award-winning productions and classic, trusted PBS programs aimed at sharing Arkansas and the world with viewers. AETN depends on the generosity of Arkansans and the State of Arkansas to continue offering quality programming. For more information, visit aetn.org, or follow the AETN blog at aetn.org/engage. AETN is broadcast on KETS (Little Rock), KEMV (Mountain View), KETG (Arkadelphia), KAFT (Fayetteville), KTEJ (Jonesboro), and KETZ (El Dorado).
(Source: Arkansas Educational Television Network)