LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - School has been back in session for most kids for over a week, so homework is really heating up. Book reports, projects and research papers are at every turn. So how can parents help their kids have the "write" stuff?
LR Family editor Heather Bennett stopped by THV11 studios to share tips on raising great communicators.
1. Divide projects into mini-assignments.
2. Make an outline.
3. Write an interesting intro.
4. Give each paragraph meaning.
5. Good conclusions are as important as good intros.
6. Revision is your friend.
7. Record sources.
8. Don't miss points by missing the final details.
For more information on this topic, watch the video attached to this story, or go to the Little Rock Family Website:
You can also find the article, The Write Stuff: Raising great communicators, in the August issue on page 40.