When fall rolls around, you can be tempted to let your exercise routine slack knowing the clothes are bigger and offer more coverage.
Here are 6 tips to re-energize your workout this fall from Yahoo! Shine.
1. Enjoy the foliage. Exercising outside feels like a lot less work, especially if you're doing something you enjoy. Even apple picking or pumpkin gathering with your kids is a fun activity that is sure to burn calories.
2. Layer up. The change in season brings about a change in climate. Depending on where you live, temperatures could gradually decrease or drastically dip over the next month. Keep this in mind as you plan outdoor activities and invest in breathable, moisture-wicking clothing.
3. Take cue from the kids. As children head back to school this season, remember that you, too, should never stop learning. Ask about deals on intro classes to find out if it's right for you, or scour daily deal sites for introductory discounts.
4. Workout at home. Remember, even 15 or 20 minutes is enough time to get in a quick workout -- think living-room aerobics or a quick dash around the neighborhood. Try Hulu for free workout tutorials on Exercise TV.
5. Freeze that gym membership. If you don't have time to get to the gym or you'd rather spend more time outdoors, consider freezing your gym membership for a couple of months. You may be charged a small monthly fee to retain the membership, but you could save up to 90-percent of the regular monthly charge.
6. Buy a bike. New bicycle models are released in September and dealers slash prices because they don't want old models in their showrooms. So grab a bike and get outside and exercise.