LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Homemade potato soup is one of the great cold-weather comforts.
Anthony Michael with Cross Eyed Pig Restaurant in Little Rock joins us again to put the final touches on this comfort food favorite.
Potato and bacon soup
4-5 pounds baking potatos, peeled and cubed
1 pound sliced bacon, chopped
1 large onion, diced finely
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 stick salted butter
1 quart heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender, just like if you were boiling them for mashed potatoes.
- Drain off most water except an estimated cup.
- Saute onions, garlic, and bacon in pot with stick of butter and cayenne.
- Mix in boiled potatoes and work up throroughly to consistency you want.
- Add quart of cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.