LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Here is a great recipe for delicious spring rolls.
THV's Pam Baccam joins Ashley, Alyse and Tom to demonstrate this recipe.
• 1/2 (6.75 ounce) package dried vermicelli noodles
• 10 -15 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
• 1 lb. of sliced sirloin (can use shrimp)
• Bag of salad mix
• 1 cup of sliced tomatoes
• 1 cucumber, sliced thinly
• 3-4 eggs
• Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, can be found at the oriental store or Thai peanut sauce for dipping
• 1 lime, quartered
1. Place the rice noodles in boiling hot water until cooked, about 5- 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Fry sirloin with black pepper and salt and set aside.
3. Crack eggs in bowl, whisk together, and fry as a large pancake. Transfer to cutting board and cut into strips and set aside.
4. Fill a large bowl with hot water, and soak the rice wrapper sheets one at a time until softened, but still rather firm. Dip it in the hot water no longer than 6 seconds. If it's too soft, it will rip.
5. Place the sheets on a large dish, separate from each other. Flip sheet over so it doesn't stick to the plate.
6. Add small portions of the ingredients: lettuce, noodles, beef, tomatoes, cucumber, and eggs.
7. Roll them burrito style by folding the bottom of the wrapper over the filling in the center. Fold in the left and right sides. Then roll the entire spring roll away from you tightly.
8. If it rips, soak another rice paper and wrap it inside that.
9. Pour chili sauce into dipping bowl. Squeeze a slice of lime in the sauce and stir. Or you can dip it in the Thai peanut sauce.