LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- A tall glass of orange juice is the very image of refreshment, packed with vitamins and radiating with sunshine freshness. Here are five health benefits of orange juice.
Check out more on this list from Style Craze: Top 10 Health Benefits of Orange Juice
1. Maintains Blood Pressure Levels - Orange juice is the amazing drink for the patients of high or low blood pressure. It contains a significant amount of magnesium - which has a wonderful ability to bring back blood pressure levels to normal range.
2. Contains Healing Properties - Oranges contain anti-inflammatory flavonoids. When you eat this fruit in raw or juice form, the flavonoids work amazingly to treat arthritis and heal the stiffness and pain.
3. Treating & Preventing Ulcers - Ulcers generally appear in the small intestine and stomach. Orange juice is helpful in treating and preventing ulcers - and stimulates the digestive system.
4. Assists with Weight Loss - Many people believe that the regular consumption of orange juice is helpful for cutting down the extra pounds, claiming that this citrus fruit is full of anti-oxidants, which act efficiently to lose weight.
5. Keeps Skin Youthful - Anti-oxidants with the combination of Vitamin C, protect the skin cells from being affected by free radicals. Drinking one serving of orange juice each day is a great way to maintain youthful skin.