VIDEO: Suspect Arrested In Anne Pressly Murder

    2:13 PM, Nov 27, 2008   |    comments
    • Curtis Vance
    • Curtis Vance
    • Curtis Vance
    • Suspect Vehicle
    • Curtis Lavelle Vance
    • Anne Pressly
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +


    Vance is 28-years-old and faces capital murder charges in Pressly's beating death. 

    He was arrested without incident. Police are not saying whose home Vance was arrested at, however, the homeowner is in custody and being questioned.

    LRPD held a press conference Wednesday night and police say afterwards tips and calls started pouring in regarding Vance's whereabouts.

    Police had said Vance was traveling with 25-year-old Sheanica Cooper and three small children. Police say they were found at another Little Rock home Wednesday night.

    Today's THV asked Chief Stuart Thomas if any of Pressly's personal belongings were found with Vance, Thomas said he could not comment on any of the evidence.  As for any criminal history, Thomas said Vance has a few minor offenses on his record.

    At this time, police say they are not looking at any other suspects. They do say however, they've been looking at Vance as a suspect for the past week.

    As to whether Vance knew Pressly, Chief Thomas says they're questioning him and do not know right now.

    You'll recall, Pressly died Oct. 25, five days after she was beaten in an attack in her home.

    Before his capture, police say Vance was driving a black 1998 Oldsmobile Aurora with 22-inch rims and paper temporary tags.

    Police also said he was armed and dangerous with a 9 mm pistol. Before the arrest, he was last seen around 1 p.m. Wednesday in Marianna at #67 West Mississippi.

    Police are not releasing what led them to identify Vance as the suspect. Detectives would only say that Vance has connections to Little Rock.

    The anchorwoman's mother found her body Oct. 20, a half-hour before Pressly was due on KATV's 5 a.m. "Daybreak" program. Pressly had been beaten about the head and upper body and never regained consciousness before dying five days later.

    Source: Little Rock Police & Today's THV


    Most Watched Videos