LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A 16-year-old who led police on a manhunt Tuesday has surrendered to police.
Lt. Sidney Allen with Little Rock police said the suspect surrendered with his attorney at police headquarters Wednesday morning.
Although the teen will be charged as an adult for attempted capital murder and robbery, Allen said in an email to THV11, "We will not release his identity until he is officially recognized by the courts."
The charges stem from an incident that happened in Little Rock last year, but detectives want to question him before they release which incident he is connected to.
Allen said the juvenile subject ran from Hall High School after a school resource officer pulled him from class, handcuffed him, and waited for detectives to arrive Tuesday afternoon. Allen said the teen maneuvered the handcuffs and ran from the school.
This led to officers searching the area of Evergreen Drive and Cleveland Street near University Avenue as well as going door-to-door.
Pam Smith with Little Rock School District said Hall High School and Forest Heights Middle School were both on lockdown due to the manhunt. However, extra security was called to escort students to their vehicles, allowing the schools to dismiss on time.