• FEATURED:

    Dog Owner Says Pet Saved Her Life

    8:16 PM, Dec 14, 2008   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +
    • FILED UNDER

     

    Pitts says she had a headache but went back to sleep. Miley persisted and woke up Pitts again. Pitts felt nauseated and realized something was wrong. Other family members also had headaches and they all went to the hospital.

    Pitts says doctors told her they had been breathing in carbon monoxide and her blood tested dangerously close to deadly levels. The gas company later found a leak from the home's heating unit.

    Pitts says her home was not equipped with a carbon monoxide detector, but her landlord has since installed one and will also put in a new heater. She says she also plans to take Miley to the vet for a checkup.

    (Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

    Most Watched Videos