• FEATURED:
    LIVE VIDEO: THV 11 at 6:00 pm    Watch
     

    Jonathan Nelson's dad denied claim in his death at Bentonville school

    10:32 AM, Jan 20, 2012   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +
    • FILED UNDER

    BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) - The father of a fourth-grader who was killed when a soccer goal fell on him at a school playground says he'll appeal the Arkansas Claims Commission's dismissal of his $3 million claim.

    Jonathan Nelson was a fourth-grader at Elm Tree Elementary School in Bentonville when he was killed by an unanchored soccer goal that fell on top of him. Last week, the claims commission dismissed the Nelson family's claim without a hearing.

    Nathan Nelson tells the Benton County Daily Record (http://bit.ly/Au6QAo) that he'll appeal the decision to the Arkansas Legislative Council's Claims Review Committee.

    Commission director Norman Hodges says the decision was unanimous and he declined to elaborate. The claim was filed against the Department of Human Services, which licenses an after-school program that operates at the elementary school.

    (Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

    Most Watched Videos