UNDATED (KTHV) - Just because a food is healthy doesn't mean it's good to eat before a workout. Here are 5 healthy foods you should avoid before working out from Yahoo!
1. Flaxseeds. While they are great for your body, flaxseeds are full of fiber, which could hinder your workout efforts by causing gas and bloating. You definitely want to limit the amount of fiber you take in 2 hours before and after exercising. In addition to flaxseeds, stay away from fiber supplements, bran, and high-fiber breads and opt for a mixture of protein and carbohydrates instead right before your
2. Hummus. Bean-based foods like hummus are high in indigestible carbohydrates that may cause uncomfortable gas and bloating.
3. Green bananas. While bananas are a great pre-workout snack, make sure you grab a ripe one!Unripe fruit isn't a good idea before you work out, as it could cause bloating. Choose a banana that's completely free of any green at the stem.
4. Thai or Mexican food. Spicy foods may help you burn more calories overall, but they won't help you burn more during your workout if you eat them right beforehand. They can cause heartburn if they backwash into the esophagus.
5. Hard-boiled eggs. Hard-boiled eggs are a great source of lean protein, but they don't provide carbohydrates for energy. Plus, their protein stays in the stomach and takes a long time to digest, which could weigh you down at the gym.