Each year Kiplinger puts out a list of great freebies you should be taking advantage of, and we wanted to share 6 of those with you that we found on Yahoo! Finance.
1. Free unlimited texting. Texting and date plans can add up on your cell bill - so save big by taking advantage of free texting services like textPlus. It assigns you a free phone number through which you can send and receive texts as much as you want on your Android devices, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
2. Free software. Rather than shelling out for the microsoft office suite or programs like photoshop for photo editing - take advantage of free programs. For word processing, spreadsheets and multimedia presentations, try OpenOffice.org or Google Docs. To manage finances, try Mint.com. And for photo and video editing, try Aviary, Picasa, Pixlr or Apple's built-in iMovie software.
3. Free shipping. If you love to shop online but hate to pay for shipping, go to FreeShipping.org. The site can direct you to retailers who offer free shipping on every order, big or small. The site also gives you coupon codes to snag free shipping at other retailers.
4. Free language lessons. You can find free foreign language lessons online at FSI-language-courses.org. Or go to Openculture.com for a list of lessons around the Web that you can download to your MP3 player. Your public library may also offer courses or software to help you learn a language.
5. Free movies, music, books and TV! Your public library is a freebies Mecca. Most offer books, magazines, audiobooks, e-books, video games, CDs and DVDs for free. You can also use free options to stream movies and TV Series. Check out Hulu.com and Crackle.com. Or, head to the TV networks' Web sites. You can also get free Redbox DVD rentals with coupon codes from InsideRedbox.com.
6. Free kids meals. Visit KidsMealDeals.com to find restaurants where kids eat free. Also be sure and connect with your favorite local eateries on facebook to find out if they offer kids deals. Some do but don't advertise them, so it's worth asking.