You can actually eat your way to a better complexion.
Here are 6 snacks from Women's Health Magazine that will leave you with great skin.
1. Almonds. Almonds are seeds, not nuts, and they're stuffed with vitamin-E, a potent sun blocker. Vitamin-E acts as an antioxidant that helps to protect skin cells from U-V light and other environmental factors that generate cell-damaging free radicals.
2. Carrots. Think of them as the "orange wonder". They're good for eyeballs and good for clearing up breakouts because of they contain vitamin-A. It helps prevent the overproduction of cells in the skin's outer layer.Another reason to snack on carrots -- Vitamin-A also reduces the development of skin-cancer cells.
3. Dark Chocolate. Flavonols, the antioxidants in dark chocolate, reduce roughness in the skin and protect against sun damage. You need just a few ounces a day.
4. Spinach. In a study published in the International Journal of Cancer, people who ate the most leafy greens actually had half as many skin tumors over 11 years as those who ate the least. It's thought that the folate in these veggies may help repair and maintain DNA -- basically bolstering cells' ability to renew themselves, which reduces the likelihood of cancer-cell growth.
5. Sweet Potatoes. They not only pack a big yum; they're also loaded with vitamin C, which smooths out wrinkles. Vitamin C is essential to collagen production, and the more collagen you have, the less creased your skin looks.
6. Tomatoes. They help eliminate skin-aging free radicals caused by ultraviolet rays. Your body gains the most sun-shielding nutrients when the vegetable is heated. Just a half-cup of cooked tomatoes or pasta sauce, along with ample sunscreen -- should keep you out of the red.
You can find even more great snacks for your skin in this Women's Health article.