LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- The holiday season is a time to celebrate with family and friends. Unfortunately, for many it also becomes a time for over-eating and weight gain.
Statistics show it can result in an extra pound or two every year which can really add up.
Children's Hospital Nutritionist Sarah Hurst is here some advice.
Here are some ways to fight the fat this holiday season.
1. Create family traditions that aren't centered on food.
2. Don't leave food easily accessible around the house.
3. Look for alternative recipes for your favorite holiday foods.
4. Smaller portions are key.
5. Keep the holiday to just one day - not the entire month or week.