LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- It's the world's most popular drink, next to water and it's steeped in health benefits; listen to what these five top brews can do for you from Real Simple.
1. Black Tea - It's the most common variety and accounts for about 75-percent of global tea consumption. Black tea has a slightly bitter flavor and contains the most caffeine, about 40 milligrams per cup and has high concentrations of healthy anti-oxidants.
2. Green Tea - It has a more delicate flavor than black tea. It's full of anti-oxidants that may ward off everything from cancer to heart disease.
3. Oolong Tea - Oolong is similar to black tea but it has a richer taste and it may aid in weight loss. Oolong activates an enzyme responsible for dissolving triglycerides.
4. White Tea - It has a much milder flavor than any other variety, not to mention less caffeine, about 15 milligrams per cup. It can even result in improved glucose tolerance and a reduction in bad cholesterol.
5. Flavored Tea - They have the same levels of anti-oxidants and the same health benefits as unflavored ones. But skip the sweetened varieties in bottles because you're better off without that extra sugar.
6. Herbal Tea - Technically, herbal teas aren't teas at all -- they're usually some combination of dried fruits, flowers, and herbs. Herbal varieties contain no caffeine, but avoid herbal weight-loss teas, which may contain dangerous laxatives.