LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- When it comes to dealing with debt and clearing your credit, what you don't know really can hurt you.
Seeking help from a professional can help you fix what's wrong with your finances which will ultimately improve your credit score.
Bob Fixott with Consumer Credit Counseling Service is here with five myths about credit counseling.
- "Asking for help can damage my credit score."
- "Credit counseling would cost too much."
- "Debt settlement or bankruptcy would be easier and cheaper."
- "Counselors offer only advice, not solutions."
- "I don't know who to ask."