LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Many die-hard jambalaya enthusiasts agree that it's truly jambalaya unless it's cooked in a Dutch oven.
Anthony Michael with Cross Eyed Pig joins us with his take on this Louisiana favorite.
Dutch Oven Jumbalaya
- 1/2 pound white rice
- 1 lb red or northern beans
- 4 10 oz original Rotel
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 qts water
- 4 lbs raw meat (whatever you choose)
- Throw all the ingredients in the Dutch oven, put the lid on.
- Put in the oven at 175-200 degrees
- Check on it 9 hours later