LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- The beginning of a new year means it's time to get your financial house in order.
Dr. Jane Wayland from UALR College of Business is here to talk about how to get a handle on your budget.
Here is her list of tips:
1. Not tracking actual expenses.
2. Neglecting emergency planning or happy occasions.
3. Forgetting "non-monthly" expenses like taxes.
4. Failure to expect the really bad things.
5. Expenses of the season (landscaping, back-to-school shopping).
6. Not budgeting your top resource: time.